Tuesday, October 09, 2007

Oct 9th

Well today I went over to Poker Stars and decided to play in a 3,000+ person tourney. Figured what the heck I've actually place in the money in those sometimes. Even won one once. So this is a $3 entry and I head in. $ hands in I get KK, and raise all in. Only hand I've played as it's early, but there's a lot of limper's in and I figured I'd just chase them off. Got one caller and I had him covered with an extra 300 chips. He flips over J10os. I'm thing this should be easy. The flop falls 10 10 10. Ouch... a K on the turn. and a 9 on the river. Well I had 300 chips still. blinds are only 10/20 with 15 minutes a level, and I've come back and placed with only 35 chips left before. But it was not to be.

I recently started learning to play Omaha H/L just as an alternative, when I'm not doing well in Holdem. Trying the $3.30 turbos at poker Stars. First 6 games I placed in the money 5 out of those 6, so that didn't go to bad. Next day I lost 5 in a row. Next two has been a place in the money and a loss. So I'm thinking I'm learning this ok. Once I feel comfortable I'll move up to the next limit. On a side note some how I joined a turbo $3 hold em NL when I was trying to quickly get into a Omaha turbo before it filled. i was think how could I have been stupid enough to do that. Anyways I took 2nd in that so it turned out OK.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home